[blindlaw] Reduced Billable Hour Requirement as an ADAaccommodation

Scott C. LaBarre slabarre at labarrelaw.com
Thu Sep 20 18:10:26 UTC 2018

Hello everyone, we will  definitely work to put together a call/seminar about this.  Given the right tools, attitude, and, as part of those tools, accessible technology, blindness does not inherently make a blind lawyer unable to produce at expected levels.  It's true that some tasks may take longer, but it is also true that we may be able to perform some tasks more quickly.  By using JAWS, I can read documents faster than my sighted colleagues, for example.  Any way, this  will be an interesting discussion.
Best to all,
Scott