[blindlaw] Fwd: Fw: Judicial Outreach Program Oregon and Washington

Nightingale, Noel Noel.Nightingale at ed.gov
Tue Apr 23 16:22:50 UTC 2019

From:        Chris Alston/WAWB/09/USCOURTS
To:        Sameer Alifarag/WAWB/09/USCOURTS at USCOURTS
Date:        04/23/2019 08:39 AM
Subject:        Judicial Outreach Program
________________________________

Greetings,

I am writing to you about an exciting opportunity for the members of your association.  The Judicial Conference Committee  on the Administration of the Bankruptcy System is presenting a program called "Roadways to the Federal Bench:  Who, Me? A Bankruptcy Judge?" on October 24, 2019, in Seattle, Washington.  The program is aimed at increasing diversity on the bankruptcy bench.  It will involve a live-stream from Washington, DC of a presentation for about an hour, followed by the participants meeting with federal judges for about an hour, followed by a reception.  We expect to have 100 participants (consisting of law students and young lawyers) separated into groups of ten, with each group meeting 2-3 federal judges for 15 minutes at a time in a "speed dating" format.  The judges will offer their thoughts and insights on how to get to the federal bench.

I am the judge contact for the Seattle area event, and Christy Tobin-Presser of Bush Kornfeld LLP is the lawyer contact (who is copied on this email).  We are reaching out to all the law schools and affinity bar groups in Oregon and Washington.  For now, we want to make sure that you are aware of the event and have it on your calendar.  There will be follow-up this summer with information on how to register (as space will be limited).

Please feel free to share this email and the attached Save The Date with your members.  In the meantime, please do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

Chris Alston

Hon. Christopher M. Alston
United States Bankruptcy Court
Western District of Washington