[blindlaw] OCR and Handwriting

Singh, Nandini NSingh at cov.com
Sun Apr 28 17:41:35 UTC 2019

None. Hand writing is so variable that I do not believe it can be well read by a computer yet. I usually request a legal secretary or paralegal to read aloud hand writing so I can start work immediately. We also have document support services that can type up handwritten materials into a Word file, which is good for anytime I have to consult the document later. That being said, my practice involves relatively few handwritten materials. Most of them come from my pro bono work.