[blindLaw] JAWS Loosing its Place when Reading PDF's in Acrobat

Rahul Bajaj rahul.bajaj1038 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 04:02:36 UTC 2019

I suspect that is because Steve’s suggestion, as I understand it, relates to a situation when JAWS loses focus due to a Windows 10 notification. Your problem, however, relates to focus being lost within the document itself, not owing to an external intruder.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Aug 6, 2019, at 11:24 PM, Laura Wolk via BlindLaw <blindlaw at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>
> I'm sad to report that I am still having Jaws jump around, and I'm not
> getting any "lost focus" errors.  But this is still good info to pass
> along!
>
>> On 8/6/19, Laura Wolk <laura.wolk at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Steve, this is brilliant!  I will try this right away when I get to
>> work and get back to you with results.  Thanks for the great idea!
>>
>>> On 8/5/19, Steve Jacobson via BlindLaw <blindlaw at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>>> Laura,
>>>
>>> I am suspicious that what is happening for you is that JAWS is loosing
>>> focus
>>> when you are reading a document and that it is loosing its place in the
>>> virtual buffer containing the text within the PDF document.  JAWS seems
>>> be having a lot of trouble these days maintaining focus.  It is partly a
>>> bigger issue now because of the various types of notifications provided
>>> by
>>> Windows 10.  Although many of us have often heard the "Focus Lost"
>>> announcement, that can be turned off for specific applications.  To
>>> determine if my guess holds any water at all, open up a PDF document.
>>> When
>>> it is open, bring up the quick settings menu with JAWSKey and the letter
>>> "V".  Then, press the letter f by itself multiple times until you hear
>>> "Focus Lost Announcement".  If that box is unchecked as it is in my case
>>> with Acrobat-DC running, you will not hear any announcements that focus
>>> was
>>> lost.  If you check that setting, then you should actually hear that

>>> https://nam01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fnfbnet.org%2Fmailman%2Foptions%2Fblindlaw_nfbnet.org%2Fsteve.jacobson%2540outlook.com&data=02%7C01%7C%7C35dfc2f479984ab262cf08d719ed72db%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637006379927645348&sdata=LPaVnVM1DRsoYvtmaC%2BwEyMo4OTSLuTy55WikD7LOfg%3D&reserved=0