[blindLaw] Advice Accommodation Issues and Looking for Work

Aimee Harwood awildheir at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 16:19:30 UTC 2019

Unfortunately, this was my experience with several situations in law school and the reason I was dismissed for poor academic performance. I would have filed an OCR complaint if I had not been deceived. The deans told me the ADA had updated the rules governing reapplying to law school after dismissal. They said the ADA allows previous schools to provide a letter so the student could reapply before the customary 2 year wait period.   They said they would provide a letter so I could reapply that fall. When I got the letter, it was past the 6 month requirement and I could not file an OCR complaint. When I visited a law school my previous school knew I wanted to attend, it became evident someone from my school had contacted them. Now I cannot attend law school because my previous school will prevent me from getting admitted. I should have reported them the first semester. I know I could have made it if I had the support I needed. I couldn't even get
truly accessible documents from them.  So my purpose for sharing this is to urge you to take what these guys say to heart. Don't blow it off and find another job. Take the legal action they recommend. It will be in your best interest for the future. I'm now having to fight with Voc Rehab to get support for a second bs in computer science which is my second career choice. My first bachelor was in equine science. I worked in that field for 10 years. I can't do the manual labor any more and that's why I was going to law school. If I had taken action the first semester, I wouldn't be fighting with Voc Rehab for a second bachelor now.

Aimee

Sent from my iPhone