[blindLaw] Domino's v Robles (cert re website/app ADA accessibility); pro-ADA amici due Aug 14

Aimee Harwood awildheir at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 19:47:02 UTC 2019

What stance has the NFB taken on this? I've read a couple of the briefs and so far they are against the ADA's coverage of online content and mobile apps. This seems, to me, a major concern that could result in our access of sites and apps to catapult backwards. Am I wrong in thinking public access is also anything that is offered to the public? If a business offered a service to the public, would that service not have to be offered and useable to individuals of the public with disabilities? The categories listed in the ada don't necessarily mean physical locations. They are categories of things the public would utilize. Public accommodation is something open/available to the public. Web sites aren't listed because they didn't exist but they are accessible by the public. If they weren't, they would be private sites and you would have to choose who you want on your site. For instance if I wanted to create a site for only my family to utilize.   Please share your thoughts. This concerns me greatly.

Aimee

Sent from my iPhone