[blindLaw] NVDA and JAWS in a Legal Environment

kelby carlson kelbycarlson at gmail.com
Sat Aug 24 19:42:06 UTC 2019

All,

I'm curious if anyone besides me uses NVDA in their legal work. I switched to it during school, because I was doing law review, and I was having major trouble handling footnotes in Word 2016.

I did interact with some comments recently about the danger of using programs like NVDA in employment, because of lack of customizability and interfacing with proprietary software.

So, my question is: how big is the advantage of JAWS over NVDA? Is JAWS more likely to work with specialized software, or is it easier to get scripts?

Very to know anyone's thoughts on this. I also worry about, if I do decide JAWS might ultimately work better for me, getting my employer to purchase it.

Sent from my iPhone