[blindLaw] NCBE Revoked Accommodation--Assistance/information Requested Please!

Angie Matney angie.matney at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 22:03:21 UTC 2019

Would an old-style Perkins brailler work for this purpose? It seems to me that if you can use one of those, it would be a great option. This is also significantly different from the bar exam, because you have to write essays for the bar; so it seems to me that you would have a good argument as to why you need an electronic braille device for the bar even if you don't use one for the MPRE.

Also, if you can't use a Perkins Brailler, or if you think it would be more effective, maybe you can ask NCBE to provide an acceptable braille display (one without storage or wireless capabilities) with the laptop they are providing. Having said this, I don't know that I'd be keen on working with new technology while taking an exam.

And as you've said, you can also put this off for a little while, if that makes the most sense.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blindlaw_nfbnet.org/davant1958%40gma

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blindlaw_nfbnet.org/seifs%40umich.ed