[blindLaw] Scanning documents

Jorge Paez paezja at mail.broward.edu
Fri Aug 30 16:52:33 UTC 2019

Hello everyone:
Just curious what you all used to scan documents and OCR?
I have Openbook but it’s a nightmare so right now I always have to rely on someone else to do any kind of scanning.

Jorge Paez
paezja at mail.broward.edu
Https://www.linkedin.com/in/iamjorgepaez

So you want to be a public defender?
Don’t do it for the money, there isn’t enough.
Don’t do it for prestige, you won’t get any.
Don’t do it for the thrill of victory, victory rarely comes.

Do it for love. Do it for justice. Do it for self-respect.
Do it for the satisfaction of knowing you are serving others,
defending the Constitution, living your ideals.

The work is hard. The law is against you.
The facts are against you. The judges are often against you.
Sometimes even your clients are against you.

But it is a great job – exhilarating, energizing, rewarding.
You get to touch people’s hearts
and fight for what you believe in every day.”

    Carol A. Brook
         Executive Director
                                                     Federal Defender of Northern District of Illinois