[blindlaw] Research into a Legal Career

Aser Tolentino agtolentino at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 21:43:14 UTC 2019

Hello,

I did really well in law school and passed the bar on the first go, but got discouraged and decided to try something else. I worked as a prosecutor, so my days were a lot different from what you would have to look forward to, lots of working on multiple cases in the office and then showing up for court for a whole morning to attend to the ones that were on the calendar, also lots of preparing for trials that never happened.
To mitigate the many, many barriers you will face, I have one absolutely essential piece of advice. Network, network as though your life, or at least your livelihood, depends on it, because it does. Connect with attorneys with disabilities, people who have experience in your field. Share things on social media or create a blog that highlights your accomplishments. Reach out as far as you can so you improve the chances of connecting with that one person or group of people who will help you make it.

Respectfully,
Aser Tolentino, Esq.