[blindlaw] Case Management Software/Program

Susan Kelly Susan.Kelly at pima.gov
Fri Jan 4 18:20:28 UTC 2019

All I can say is, stay away from JustWare / New Dawn Technologies.  It is not even user-friendly to sighted folks, and definitely useless to anyone requiring screen narration...you will occassional hear “edit box”, but that’s it.  Could it be scripted?  Possibly, but the public defender office where I work will not pay for it, saying it’s enough to give me an ADA assistant - who must also deal with the inaccessible disclosure packets, .tif / .jpg scans of pleadings, etc...without having access to the one (very inferior) OCR program in our division.  We make do by creating shadow files in Word, with which I can then create One Note files to my preferences.

Susan C L Kelly
Assistant Public Defender
Pima County Public Defenders Office - Juvenile DIvision
Ofc: 520-724-2994
Fax: 520-770-4168