[blindlaw] choosing graduate school or law school

Elizabeth Troutman ETroutman at BrooksPierce.com
Mon Jan 7 14:20:36 UTC 2019

You need to figure out what it is you want to do and then design your post-undergraduate training around that. Getting a random degree because you think you might be interested in something is not likely to be worth the blood, sweat, tears, discrimination, and debt you will face. I actually did a joint master's in public policy and JD, which did reduce the cost by one year (i.e. what you are suggesting would be 5 years of school, but if you do a joint program, you can do it in four). But I would not recommend that unless you had a relatively clear plan of how you could parlay those degrees into a long-term career.

Elizabeth Troutman<http://www.brookspierce.com/our-people/attorneys/elizabeth-l-troutman>

[cid:image003.jpg at 01D4A66A.3F430CD0]<http://www.brookspierce.com/>

t: 336.271.3138
f: 336.232.9138

2000 Renaissance Plaza
230 North Elm Street
Greensboro, NC 27401
P.O. Box 26000 (27420)

Confidentiality Notice:

The information contained in this e-mail transmittal is privileged and confidential intended for the addressee only. If you are neither the intended recipient nor the employee or agent responsible for delivering this e-mail to the intended recipient, any disclosure of this information in any way or taking of any action in reliance on this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the person transmitting the information immediately.

This email has been scanned for viruses and malware by Mimecast Ltd.