[blindlaw] BrailleNote Touch Thoughts

kelby carlson kelbycarlson at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 01:35:51 UTC 2019

Does anyone here use the BrailleNote Touch? My employer purchased it for me even though it was not my top choice. I have not had it long, but to be honest I do not understand the rave reviews it is getting. It has some pretty obvious design flaws, perhaps the biggest being that any document over about 500 kb opens incredibly slowly. (I did contact tech support about this, and I am not the only one to have reported this problem.) I also really don't understand the appeal of a "braille tablet"--if you want that, why not just get an an actual tablet and a braille display at less than half the price?

Sent from my iPhone