[blindlaw] BrailleNote Touch Thoughts

Angela Matney amatney at loeb.com
Thu Jan 10 14:34:43 UTC 2019

I have one and use it in very specific situations. What I really like about it is the ability to type very quietly, without the typical keyboard clatter. I use it when I am taking notes at conferences, CLEs, etc. I ended up with this device because my first choice was not going to be available. I wanted something with onboard notetaking capabilities because, while I use braille displays and iOS devices every day, Apple has been known to "break" braille support before. So the Touch fit the bill for something that was quiet and functioned as a stand-alone notetaker. I don't use any of the other apps on the unit, though. I agree that, over all, a tablet or phone with a braille display provides more functionality.

Angela Matney, CIPP/US
Attorney at Law
Admitted only in Virginia

901 New York Avenue NW, Suite 300 East | Washington, DC 20001
Direct Dial: 202.618.5038 | Fax: 202.403.3407 | E-mail: amatney at loeb.com
Los Angeles | New York | Chicago | Nashville | Washington, DC | San Francisco | Beijing | Hong Kong | www.loeb.com