[blindlaw] BrailleNote Touch Thoughts

Olusegun -- Victory Associates LTD, Inc. ukekearuaro at valtdnet.com
Fri Jan 11 19:06:57 UTC 2019

Roanna wrote in part:

"I don't think that this product will become obselete."

Hmm, the BrailleNote Touch runs off of a deprecated Android OS, KitKat 4.4
and can't even be upgraded to Lollipop to take advantage of additional
functionalities the OS has to offer.  Conversely, the Polaris runs on
Lollipop and can't be updated or upgraded either.  Both will claim to send
through security patches to guard against any vulnerabilities; really?
Androideans now eat Pie, neither notetaker will ever send through a security
patch meant for the Pie.  The BrailleNote Touch was already obsolete before
leaving the factory floor.  But, of course, we're talking about Braille
notetakers; in that respect, I share the views expressed by Ms. Tomasi and
others!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado