[blindlaw] FW: [DRBA] Staff Attorney Position - American Diabetes Association

Scott C. LaBarre slabarre at labarrelaw.com
Thu Jan 17 19:14:49 UTC 2019

fyi

From: Disability Rights Bar Association <DRBA at LISTSERV.SYR.EDU> On Behalf Of Alana Tokayer
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2019 11:56 AM
To: DRBA at LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
Subject: [DRBA] Staff Attorney Position - American Diabetes Association

Hi All,

We are really excited to be recruiting for a Staff Attorney position with our Legal Advocacy team here at the American Diabetes Association.  The Association’s Legal Advocacy team is committed to combatting discrimination against people with diabetes, and the Staff Attorney will play an integral role in helping us achieve that goal. One of the Staff Attorney’s primary responsibilities will be to provide direct legal assistance to people across the country who are being discriminated against because of their diabetes.

We are interested in hearing from attorneys with 0-3 years of experience, or attorneys with more experience who are interested in transitioning to a non-traditional legal career.  The position is in our home office in Arlington, VA.  Please feel free to pass along this job opening if you know of attorneys who might be interesting in applying.

https://diabetes.taleo.net/careersection/ada_external/jobdetail.ftl?job=180000T9 <https://diabetes.taleo.net/careersection/ada_external/jobdetail.ftl?job=180000T9&lang=en#.XDzemZl0Kdg.gmail> &lang=en#.XDzemZl0Kdg.gmail

All the best,

Alana Tokayer

Alana S. Tokayer, Esq.

Director, Legal Advocacy

***Licensed to practice law only in CA, VA and DC***

2451 Crystal Drive, Suite 900

Arlington, Virginia 22202

Phone: 1-800-676-4065, ext. 1321

Email:  <mailto:Atokayer at diabetes.org> Atokayer at diabetes.org

 <http://diabetes.org/> diabetes.org

 <https://donations.diabetes.org/site/Donation2;jsessionid=BC82A9A00A387ABA4F564C3EA9C021B1.app244b?df_id=19045&19045.donation=form1&loc=header&s_src=dorg&s_subsrc=donate-now>

Disclaimer: While the American Diabetes Association attempts to ensure that all legal information is accurate and current, this general legal information about federal protections is not a substitute for individualized legal advice, particularly in relation to information about state or local laws or regulations. Our attorneys are not licensed to practice law in most states and cannot provide guidance about state law. The law may change or have additional exceptions or interpretations. The American Diabetes Association, its attorneys and staff do not represent you. For detailed legal advice or representation, contact a locally licensed attorney.

REMINDER: The DRBA listserv is intended to facilitate open discussion and sharing of ideas. Members need to feel confident that their discussions will not be distributed beyond the group unnecessarily. PLEASE CONSULT WITH THE SENDER(S) BEFORE FORWARDING ANY LISTSERV DISCUSSIONS BEYOND THE DRBA GROUP.
DONATE: The DRBA is a valuable free resource to its members. But the DRBA does have expenses for management, web and listserv services. PLEASE DONATE TODAY any amount you wish Online at http://GiveToSU.com Select “Burton Blatt Institute Fund” from the “My gift is designated to” drop down menu and indicate “DRBA” in the “Gift is to be used for” box.
BRIEF BANK: Are you sharing briefs, interrogatories, decisions or other non-confidential resources on this listserv? ARCHIVE them for all present and future members by logging in to the DRBA website, going to the MEMBERS AREA and selecting ONLINE DOCUMENT DATABASE for further instructions. Contact DRBA-Law at law.syr.edu <mailto:DRBA-Law at law.syr.edu>  for login credentials and related help.

 <http://disabilityrights-law.org>  <https://www.facebook.com/DRBALaw>  <https://twitter.com/DRBALaw>