[blindlaw] Braille (Sanho Steele-Louchart

James T. Fetter jtfetter at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 31 19:23:49 UTC 2019

I think Braille can be very useful in certain situations: interviewing
clients, presumably taking depositions, trial work, proofreading in
certain instances, etc. But I also think that blind attorneys who do not
know Braille or for some other reason prefer a screen reader can perform
these tasks competently. At least I see no reason why not. I prefer to
use Braille when reading aloud, but I can make it work with Jaws,
Voiceover, etc., if push comes to shove. My view is that it's good� to
figure out which tool will work best for you in which situation,
preferably before you have opposing counsel breathing down your neck,
and use it.