[blindLaw] Adobe and jaws

Kelby Carlson kelbycarlson at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 14:28:20 UTC 2019

Laura,

Are you using Adobe Acrobat to do OCR on image-based PDFs? I attempted
this at my last place of employment with pretty unimpressive results,
so I typically use FineReader to get the job done, with mixed success
depending on the nature of the document.

I occasionally encounter a similar problem with NVDA, which I have
come to prefer over JAWS, but usually only when using CTRL+Page Down.

--
Kelby Carlson