[blindLaw] NY Bar enrolment with an Indian Bachelor's degree

Maitreya Shah shah.maitreya32 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 27 16:39:25 UTC 2019

Hi Olusegun,

1.	I am fully aware of how American licensing processes work,
especially license to practice in a particular state. (reason why I
specifically said New York and not United States as a whole)
2.	I am planning to relocate here, and hence looking out for possible
career options.
3.	I think I qualify all the criteria mentioned here-
https://www.nybarexam.org/foreign/foreignlegaleducation.htm
(yet, I’ll submit an assessment application with the office)
4.	Transcripts won’t be an issue; I’m studying in an internationally
recognized University, and the administration is quite cooperative for
these things. Acceptance of those transcripts is probably a question
of the actual process, which I think can be sorted out.
5.	If the results of the assessment application tell me to pursue an
LLM degree in a US Law school first to meet with the requirement, I
think it’ll solve the problem of any missing courses/ credits.
I know a few lawyers from India who have taken this path before. My
primary objective behind writing an email in this list is to find
someone who’s working in US with an Indian degree and a license to
practice, who would be able to give me an overview of the interplay of
these circumstances with their disability.

But I really appreciate the information. Thank you so much for the
help, and the good wishes!