[blindLaw] Totally blind prosecutor/public defender?

davant1958 at gmail.com davant1958 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 28 11:10:35 UTC 2019

Hello,
There are three totally blind Public Defenders in Chicago. Two of whom are practicing in trial courtrooms. There is a totally blind prosecutor with the U.S. Attorneys office for the Northern District of Illinois. I am now retired, but for 30 years did appellate and postconviction work for the public defenders office.
You can definitely do the work of a prosecutor or a public defender, using a reader and assistive technology and other blindness skills.
I hope this helps.

Denise R. Avant, Esq.
President,
773-991-8050