[blindLaw] Blind public defender

Jorge Paez paezja at mail.broward.edu
Tue Jul 30 14:33:27 UTC 2019

Hi everyone:
Any blind public defenders on here?
I just got accepted to a supervised internship with the Broward County Public Defender’s office and I’d like to get an idea of what I should be expecting as far as day-to-day.
I’m basically going to be doing paralegal type stuff—interviewing clients, writing, research etc.
I’ll be working under a supervising attorney, and I have already signed the confidentiality agreement from rule 4.16 of the Florida Bar, so I just wanna get an idea, if anyone has worked in the field what schedules would be like and that kind of thing.
I’m doing 20 hours a week so it’s not a full time placement but I’d still like to have an idea.

Thanks,

Jorge