[blindlaw] Southwest Airlines Website no longer accessible

tim at timeldermusic.com tim at timeldermusic.com
Wed Jun 19 15:23:03 UTC 2019

Nijat

Assuming we are looking at the same site, I've used the website successfully to book tickets several times over the last few months.  I did notice that they changed the layout and approach to accessibility labels.  There is an object to move to the cart, but it has a bunch of other explanatory text attached with it.  While the labeling isn't as intuitive and efficient as the previous version, I'm not sure if it would be inaccessible based on a web access technical standard.  Big caveat: I don't know if our different experiences are based on browser variations or even different versions of the website.  I'm noticing that some companies are now rolling out web changes in increments so that some users can be operating on one version of the website while others are operating on a different version.  It is an incremental beta approach to rolling out new changes to a site.  Maybe file a complaint with Southwest and ask that they walk you through the process.  Perhaps that will get their attention on the poor usability aspect of the site.