[blindlaw] Update on Track Changes in Microsoft 2016 and 2019

Laura Wolk laura.wolk at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 16:22:47 UTC 2019

All,

I have gotten confirmation that all a Microsoft 2019 user need do is
update to the June release of Jaws in order to benefit from the new
accessibility features.

I also believe that the spellcheck bug in 2016 has been rectified.  I
would love confirmation on that.

Finally, developpers at Vispero are working on fixing the bug in
Microsoft 2016 that causes footnotes to be sluggish when a Braille
display is plugged in.

As a final note, I would really appreciate it if those folks who
contributed to this discussion could let me know whether they are in
fact experiencing these benefits on the ground.  I tried to aggregate
a pretty large number of suggestions from a wide variety of users over
the past few months and, frankly, I'm quite floored that we have
gotten very positive results in three separate versions of Word.
These changes are going to have a monumental impact on our
productivity, and they far exceeded my expectations.  Though it's
frustrating that we had to take this course, I find it equally
necessary that we respond positively when companies do listen to us
and incorporate our feedback, as they have done here.  Thus, it would
be helpful, both for me and for Microsoft/Vispero, if those who helped
me to compile our long list of grievances could let me know whether
your experiences have now changed for the better and whether you have
noticed these bug fixes.  please also spread the word on the ground.

Thanks and happy weekend,

Laura