[blindlaw] Losing Place on Web Page

Singh, Nandini NSingh at cov.com
Thu Mar 21 21:20:43 UTC 2019

I am wondering if others are experiencing this while conducting work online. I am first on a given web page, maybe Westlaw, a treatise, or whatever else. I then switch over to email or to a Word document. When I bring my browser back into focus, JAWS appears to have lost its place on the web page, and I am right back at the top of the page. Needless to say, this is incredibly annoying, as I have to return to where I left off my work. I guess I could always copy and paste the contents of the web page to a separate Word document, which is my clumsy solution in the meantime, but I am just puzzled why JAWS cannot seem to remember where it was situated on the web page. I am not sure what is going on, so I am not sure how to go about resolving this. However, this did not happen before. I use JAWS 2018, IE 11 browser, and Windows 10, though I am not remembering exactly which version of 10 the firm installed on my laptop. any ideas would be appreciated.

Regards,
Nikki

Nandini Singh

Covington & Burling LLP
One CityCenter, 850 Tenth Street, NW
Washington, DC 20001-4956
T +1 202 662 5113 | nsingh at cov.com
www.cov.com

This message is from a law firm and may contain information that is confidential or legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately advise the sender by reply e-mail that this message has been inadvertently transmitted to you and delete this e-mail from your system. Thank you for your cooperation.