[blindLaw] Issue accessing footnotes in Office 365 & JAWS 2019

Nightingale, Noel Noel.Nightingale at ed.gov
Wed Nov 13 21:34:47 UTC 2019

Blindlaw listers,

Since my office updated to Office 365, I have been unable to get JAWS to read the footnote number in Word documents.  I am using JAWS 2019.  JAWS will read the actual footnote text, but if I want to, for example, move the footnote number to a different location in my document, I can't find it.  I have footnote on with count, which alerts me to when there is a footnote in the line I am arrowing down, but when I try to find the actual footnote number, all I hear is "blank."  Has anyone else had this problem and have a solution?

Yours gratefully,
Noel