[blindLaw] More Bar-accommodation Friendly States?

Sai sai at fiatfiendum.org
Tue Nov 26 09:25:09 UTC 2019

As to other accommodations that I found helpful (on LSAT; haven't taken
bar):

* food & drink (to have at hand & take at any time)
* earplugs / industrial ear muffs (sound isolation / distraction reduction)
* separate room with low light (photophobia & distraction reduction)
* use of my laptop for essay (ability to edit, not exacerbate neurological
issues)
* scratch paper (work out problems)
* cellphone (kept off / by proctor during test) — for navigation to/from &
Uber
* 20m break time between sections

Should also have requested, but didn't:
* more time per section (only asked for 1.6x, not double; could probably
get 2.5x or 3x due to multiple disability)
* break at any time up to 4h (not just between sections, to lie down if I
have symptoms — I have complex neurological issues, but also helps for
anxiety)
* use of laptop as "scratch paper", internet off (limited to a text editor
if they insist, but using an on the fly programming language like Ruby
would've been very helpful, and is how I normally work)

Time was definitely a major issue — especially for the logic puzzle
sections, which require a lot of mental state that changes with each
question set, which is cognitively exhausting. Other sections I think I
mostly finished under the regular time limit.

I hope that helps at least give you ideas.

Mind that I have multiple serious disabilities, not just vision. These are
all things I can justify pretty well if challenged.

What you can get your doctor to sign off on may differ. But if you don't
ask, you won't get.

Sincerely,
Sai
President, Fiat Fiendum, Inc., a 501(c)(3)

PS Non-gendered pronouns please. NSA et al: I'm a US citizen.

Sent from my mobile phone; please excuse the concision and autocorrect
errors.