[blindLaw] Autohotkeys for lawyers

Sai sai at fiatfiendum.org
Sat Oct 5 22:07:49 UTC 2019

Maura -

Thanks.

Using the autohotkey script is very simple: install autohotkey, save
the script, and run the script.

That's really it. Once running, it'll automatically make e.g. alt-6
write §, or alt-e then e write é, regardless of what app you're using.

I've not made a website for Fiat Fiendum yet. But here are some places
you can get info:
* Fiat Fiendum's Patreon page: <https://patreon.com/fiatfiendum>
* my resume: <https://s.ai/work/legal_resume.pdf>
* talks I've given: <https://s.ai/presentations/>
- e.g. re sensory experience of blindness <https://s.ai/ccc>
* proposals I've filed with the AOUSC for modifications to the Federal
Rules of Procedure:
<https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/10LS8gI_CYliUdrwmVFr7zHJFv85Zz3_G>
* proposals I've filed with the FEC for improvements to campaign
finance regulations: <https://sers.fec.gov> (search for Sai, or in
particular REG 2015-03, 2016-01, and 2019-01), and advisory opinions:
- re foreign nationals contributing code
<https://www.fec.gov/data/legal/advisory-opinions/2014-20>
- re Bitcoin contributions (which I got passed)
<https://www.fec.gov/data/legal/advisory-opinions/2014-02>
- re Bitcoin contributions (which I got killed)
<https://www.fec.gov/data/legal/advisory-opinions/2013-15/>
* FOIA work, e.g. <https://www.muckrock.com/project/contributor/saizai/>
* litigation against the TSA (which is in my personal capacity)

Eclectic, I know. But all of it is purely public interest.

I'm currently working on some research analyzing ~50 million court
opinions using classifiers, stylometry, etc to extract various
interesting information that is currently either paywalled (like
positive / negative treatment of cases), not available at all (like
who wrote an anonymous per curiam), or extremely expensive (like
estimating the likelihood that a given motion will win).

The name is the mission, and my personal motto. "Fiat fiendum" is
Latin, short for "ut fiat, quod fiendum est". It translates roughly to
"bring about that which should be". (Same "fiat" as in "fiat lux",
"let there be light".)

Sincerely,
Sai
President, Fiat Fiendum, Inc., a 501(c)(3)

PS Non-gendered pronouns please. NSA et al: I'm a US citizen.