[blindLaw] Jaw and Google Chrome

Laura Wolk laura.wolk at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 10:10:09 UTC 2019

All,

Writing with yet another Jaws question.  Within the past few weeks,
something very strange, and very annoying, has started happening while
using Chrome and Jaws.  Jaws will just stop speaking altogether.
Repeatedly.  I have to keep tabbing in and out of the window, and I
often lose my place as well.  This is introduced a huge time suck into
legal research.  Note, I know WL prefers IE, which is rich considering
how out of date the browser is, but I use Chrome (which doesn't crash
every 30 minutes and can actually open PDFs).  I've never had this
problem before and it isn't just happening on WL.  Is anyone else
experiencing this/ have people either found a work-around or contacted
Vispero about it?

Laura