[blindLaw] Discrimination

Maura Kutnyak maurakutnyak at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 18:09:11 UTC 2019

Cody, James, Meredith, what might you all offer as good reasons for people like myself and Sanho pursuing a legal degree? I took the LSAT this past Saturday. I am proud of that for whatever it’s worth.

That said, it can be hard to persevere when such anecdotes provide a majority of what we used to fill our sales.

Also, I have often been paranoid about the existence of a phenomenon such as the one you indicate Cody. I have worried that someone will see my GPA and somehow assume that all of my professors have independently decided to be generous and grant grades which I do not deserve. This is of course irrational but still what I’m hearing supports that fear.

I am interested in a few different areas of the law. I am not particularly drawn to disability rights. One of the reasons why is that I don’t want to be silo into a field which others expect me to enter. I don’t want to be limited to practice law in an area related to one of my most visible and perceptibly limiting characteristics. All of that said, I can see how that may be the most excepting field of practice.

Damn darn heck! Anyway, please forgive some of the dictation errors. I am following my one year-old around as I compose. I don’t have time to perfect this dispatch.

Thanks so much everyone for your insight.

Sincerely,

Maura Kutnyak
716-563-9882