[blindLaw] Discrimination

Farber, Randy rfarber at jw.com
Wed Sep 25 15:42:13 UTC 2019

Hello All - I'm a little late to this conversation.  I have made it a habit to always use smart quotes.  This makes it easier to make sure that I always have it correct in Word documents.  There is a setting in Word to always use smart quotes.  I have turned on this option.  Now whenever I think there could be a problem with quotes (usually from receiving a document prepared by someone else or from copying text from outside Word) all I have to do is a search and replace.  I search for a quote and replace it with a quote.  Because of the smart quote option all of my quotes are now smart quotes and I don't have to check them.  This will also work with apostrophes.

Randy