[blindLaw] FW: Recording and Materials: Disability Discrimination in the Rationing of Life Saving COVID Treatment: Who Gets Left Behind?

davant1958 at gmail.com davant1958 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 19:45:15 UTC 2020

FYI.

Denise R. Avant, Esq.

President,

773-991-8050

Live the life you want.

For more information about NFBI,

Go to www.nfbofillinois.org

From: ABA Civil Rights and Social Justice Section <CRSJ at americanbar.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2020 10:41 AM
To: Kielsgard, Alli <Alli.Kielsgard at americanbar.org>
Subject: Recording and Materials: Disability Discrimination in the Rationing
of Life Saving COVID Treatment: Who Gets Left Behind?

Thank you again for registering for our program, Disability Discrimination
in the Rationing of Life Saving COVID Treatment: Who Gets Left Behind?
<https://www.americanbar.org/groups/crsj/events_cle/program-archive/disabili
ty-discrimination-in-the-rationing-of-life-saving-covid-/>  brought to you
by ABA Commission on Disability Rights and Section of Civil Rights and
Social Justice’s Disability Rights and Elder Affairs Committee. We hope you
enjoyed the program and found it as informative as we did. We are grateful
to our panelists - Alison Barkoff, David Carlson, Samantha Crane, Jennifer
Mathis, Ivanova L. Smith, and Shira Wakschlag - for their time and effort
putting together their thoughtful presentation.

For your convenience, we are sharing the program recording and additional
resources
<https://www.americanbar.org/groups/crsj/events_cle/program-archive/disabili
ty-discrimination-in-the-rationing-of-life-saving-covid-/> . We sincerely
apologize to everyone who couldn’t participate in our program.  The page is
now updated with a captioned recording and we have included a transcript of
the program as well.

We ask that you please share this email and the program widely - this
program is free and open to anyone, and we encourage you to contact the CRSJ
Section with any questions or feedback.

ABOUT THE CRSJ COVID-19 SERIES

This webinar is one of a multi-part series
<https://www.americanbar.org/groups/crsj/events_cle/crsj-covid-19-series/>
exploring the recent COVID-19 pandemic at the intersection of criminal
justice, civil rights, and economic concerns, among other legal areas.
During these free webinars, panelists will address this deepening crises in
our collective pursuit advancing law and justice. Please visit the COVID-19
webpage
<https://www.americanbar.org/groups/crsj/events_cle/crsj-covid-19-series/>
for more information about the series.

UP NEXT: Immigration Policy and Practice during the Coronavirus Pandemic
<https://americanbar.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_UlvWcHRZRCyUMvh6_NnopA>

Thursday, April 16, 2020

2:00 p.m. EDT

Register here
<https://americanbar.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_UlvWcHRZRCyUMvh6_NnopA> →

COMING SOON: Learning for Students with Disabilities in the Time of COVID-19
<https://americanbar.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_5XCbmvKyR9Sg6IoApFjeLQ>

CART Services will be available.

Wednesday, April 22, 2020

1:00 p.m. EDT

Register here
<https://americanbar.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_5XCbmvKyR9Sg6IoApFjeLQ> →

___

Please note: The views expressed herein have not been approved by the House
of Delegates or the Board of Governors of the American Bar Association and,
accordingly, should not be construed as representing the policy of the
American Bar Association. They are the views of the individuals themselves
in their personal capacities.

We cannot do our work without your support! The Section has undertaken a
<https://www.americanbar.org/groups/crsj/events_cle/crsj-covid-19-series/>
wide-ranging series on the impact of COVID-19. If you would like to make a
tax-deductible donation to our Section to ensure our continued programming
on hot topics,
<https://www.americanbar.org/groups/departments_offices/fund_justice_educati
on/donate/sec-crsj/> please visit this page.

CRSJ is the only ABA membership entity dedicated to the advancement of human
rights, civil rights, civil liberties, and social justice. We invite you to
become involved with critical legal and public policy issues by joining one
or more  <https://www.americanbar.org/groups/crsj/committees/> Section
committees. You may want to become part of a committee to learn more about
developments in a particular issue area. Or you may choose to take a more
active role by participating in or organizing specific activities. Whatever
your area of interest or specialization, we have a home for you.  To get
involved,  <https://www.americanbar.org/groups/crsj/membership/> join us
here.

Please also visit  <https://www.americanbar.org/groups/crsj/> our website
regularly to learn more about additional exciting and cutting edge webinars
and live events.  If you have ideas for future programming, op-eds,
statements, or you would like us to co-sponsor an event you are planning,
please  <https://americanbar.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_eyUlEXvfDb2a0lf>
complete this form. We would love to collaborate with you on any civil
rights projects that you are passionate about!

  _____

Alli Kielsgard

Associate Director | Section of Civil Rights and Social Justice

American Bar Association | 1050 Connecticut Ave, NW Ste 400, Washington,
D.C. 20036

Tel: 202-662-1027 Cell: 540-645-2600 |
<mailto:alli.kielsgard at americanbar.org> alli.kielsgard at americanbar.org