[blindLaw] Preserving bookmarks when OCR-ing PDFs

Dennis Clark dennis at dgclark.net
Sat Dec 26 09:31:15 UTC 2020

Hello Rahul,

The Kurzweil program will open PDF documents, then either recognize the
images from each page or extract the text depending on which of the 2
settings you have chosen, and it also offers a setting to preserve book
marks. I frequently use Kurzweil to read PDF files, but I have never
used the extract bookmarks option so I do not know how well it works.
The Kurzweil program also uses Abbyy as its OCR engine.

All the best,

Dennis