[blindLaw] Commuting from Outside the City

Laura Wolk laura.wolk at gmail.com
Sun Feb 9 12:55:51 UTC 2020

I also take ride shares every day. And I get a lot of grief for this sometimes from other blind people because I both live and work in DC. But the fact of the matter is that I can drive to work in eight minutes and the walk plus metro ride is somewhere closer to 25 to 30. And there’s a whole lot more that I’d like to do with those 40 minutes every day then be stuck in the metro and subject to the added stress of people grabbing and pulling and pushing me around. I don’t make a lot of money either, and I definitely hear you on the budgeting aspect. But it all depends on what is more important to you.

Sent from my iPhone