[blindLaw] Reading text aloud verbatim while listening to JAWS

Maura Kutnyak maurakutnyak at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 13:14:02 UTC 2020

Hello Rahul,

I have found that the most seamless speeches come from having memorize the material. Typically I give a speech as many times as possible before hand at home, in the shower, walking down the street, every context I can think of, so that I am extremely familiar with the structure and content. This also allows for some flexibility because you are able to present the information in a variety of ways having practiced and experienced a variety of iterations. of course, memorization Becomes more and more fallible in proportion to the length of the speech you are giving.

Have you ever tried using a simple outline based on the material that you were presenting? Basically a series of keywords arranged in the vertically down the page? Similar to what Dr. Harper does, by the way I will absolutely try that technique out, but just far fewer words in order to prompt  memory.

Sincerely,

Maura Kutnyak  MPA.
716-563-9882