[blindLaw] FW: 2020 Jacobus tenBroek Disability Law Symposium – Registration Open!

Scott C. LaBarre slabarre at labarrelaw.com
Fri Jan 17 18:49:36 UTC 2020

fyi

From: Lou Ann Blake <lblake at nfb.org>
Sent: Friday, January 17, 2020 10:15 AM
To: Mr. Scott LaBarre <slabarre at labarrelaw.com>
Subject: 2020 Jacobus tenBroek Disability Law Symposium – Registration Open!

  <https://nfb.org/images/nfb/images/images/top-blue-bar.jpg>

  <https://nfb.org/images/nfb/images/images/nfb-logo-for-email-template.jpg>

Jacobus tenBroek Law Symposium Registration is Now Open!
Race, Diversity, and Inclusion, and the Right to Live in the World
March 26–March 27, 2020

National Federation of the Blind Jernigan Institute
Baltimore, Maryland

Join nationally renowned disability rights advocates at the United States’ leading disability law symposium as we examine issues relating to race, diversity, inclusion, and the right to live in the world. As recently stated by Mark Riccobono, President of the National Federation of the Blind, if freedom and equality are not yet ours, we must make a conscious choice to take ownership of them and refuse to allow our freedom to be limited by the misunderstanding of others.

Register today! <https://www.nfb.org/civicrm/event/register?reset=1&id=337&participantrole=c4ca4238a0b923820dcc509a6f75849b>

What to Expect

 During the 2020 symposium, we will:

*	explore strategies for obtaining equity in society and overcoming the disadvantages of artificial barriers that frequently bar persons with disabilities from full participation;
*	focus on the intersectional identities of persons with disabilities and how our various identities impose certain burdens, grant special benefits, and impact equality of rights and opportunities; and
*	pursue Jacobus tenBroek’s goal of integrationism—economic opportunity, social equality, and personal dignity for ourselves and all members of our disability rights community.

Learn more about the symposium <https://www.nfb.org/programs-services/legal-program/jacobus-tenbroek-disability-law-symposium> .

What’s on the Agenda

*	Impacts and outcomes of marginalization and intersectionality on mental and physical health,
*	race and gender issues in the civil commitment process,
*	the impact of changes to immigration policy on asylum seekers with disabilities,
*	perspectives on disability in the US Muslim communities,
*	the ADA in social and human service settings,
*	digital accessibility and the development of guidelines for attorneys on both sides,
*	connecting disability work with broader diversity and inclusion work,
*	and more!

See the agenda <https://www.nfb.org/programs-services/legal-program/jacobus-tenbroek-disability-law-symposium/2020-agenda>  for a complete listing of topics, speakers, and moderators.

Registration fee: $200 (nonrefundable)
Student registration fee: $25 (nonrefundable)
Documentation for CLE credits will be provided.

For more information about the symposium, hotel accommodations, and symposium sponsorship opportunities, please visit https://nfb.org/law-symposium.

You can register online by going to  <https://www.nfb.org/civicrm/event/register?reset=1&id=337&participantrole=c4ca4238a0b923820dcc509a6f75849b> Jacobus tenBroek Disability Law Symposium Online Registration.

Contact Us

For additional information, please contact:

Lou Ann Blake, JD
Deputy Executive Director
Blindness Initiatives
National Federation of the Blind
200 East Wells Street
at Jernigan Place
Baltimore, MD 21230
Telephone: 410-659-9314, extension 2221
Email: lblake at nfb.org <mailto:lblake at nfb.org>

 <https://www.facebook.com/NationalFederationoftheBlind/>

 <https://twitter.com/nfb_voice>

 <https://www.instagram.com/nfb_voice/>

 <https://www.youtube.com/user/NationsBlind>

 <mailto:nfb at nfb.org>

 <https://nfb.org/donate>

National Federation of the Blind | 200 E Wells Street | Baltimore, MD 21230 | 410-659-9314