[blindLaw] OCR Question

rjaquiss rjaquiss at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 21 16:53:09 UTC 2020

Hello Sanho:

     Unless it has been recently updated, OpenBook is an older program. I
would look at Kurzweil K1000 or Abby FineReader. The K1000 software has a
nice user interface designed for the blind. It is also more expensive. I
haven't tried FineReader, but understand it is accessible. It is certainly
less expensive than K1000. Kurzweil uses the FineReader and I think the
Omnipage scanning engine. You can download OpenBook from Freedom Scientific
and give it a try for free. The last I knew, you could also get a CD from
Kurzweil which will run for 30 days. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Robert