[blindLaw] NABL 2020 Annual Meeting Registration Now Open

Scott C. LaBarre slabarre at labarrelaw.com
Fri Jul 10 16:37:02 UTC 2020

Happy Friday everyone!

Registration for our 2020 Annual Meeting is now open.  Please go to:

www.blindlawyers.net <http://www.blindlawyers.net>

On our page, you can download our 2020 agenda as well as pay for your annual
dues and the CLE materials.

Dues for lawyers = $25

Students and non-attorney = $5

2020 CLE materials = $20

If you are purchasing the CLE materials, we will invite you to a secure
Dropbox where you can download same.  Those materials will be  available on
Monday.

NABL's largest source of revenue each year is the Mock Trial.  This year we
are not able to put on a trial.  So, we are asking folks to make additional
donations to our treasury if you can.  It will be much appreciated.

Although you can download it, I am pasting below our agenda for easy access.
I look forward to meeting with all of you virtually next week.  If you are
having difficulty registering, just let me know via email at
slabarre at labarrelaw.com <mailto:slabarre at labarrelaw.com>  or call 303
520-3584.

Have a great weekend!

Scott

AGENDA

NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF BLIND LAWYERS

2020 ANNUAL MEETING

-----

Thursday, July 16, 2020

Via Zoom

https://zoom.us/j/97676275590

Note:  All times are Eastern Daylight.

1:00 PM     WELCOME AND MEETING LOGISTICS

                    Scott C. LaBarre, President, NABL, Centennial, CO

1:10 PM     THE AMERICAN BAR ASSOCIATION: WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU

Judy Perry Martinez, President, ABA, New Orleans, LA

1:40 PM     THE FIRST BLIND WOMAN TO CLERK FOR THE UNITED STATES

SUPREME COURT

Laura Wolk, Clerk to the Honorable Justice Clarence Thomas, October Term
2019, Washington, DC

2:10 PM     SECURING THE RIGHT OF THE BLIND TO VOTE DURING THE COVID19
PANDEMIC AND BEYOND

Eve L. Hill, Partner, Brown, Goldstein, and Levy, Baltimore, MD and Jason M.
Turkish, President and Managing Partner, Nyman Turkish PC, Southfield, MI

3:10 PM     OTHER LEGAL ISSUES FACING THE BLIND DURING COVID19

Ronza Othman, First Vice President, NABL, Baltimore, MD; Denise Avant, Board
Member, NABL, Chicago, IL; Patti Chang, Director of Outreach, NFB, Chicago,
IL

3:45 PM     ISSUES FACING BLIND PRACTITIONERS DURING HEARINGS, DEPOSITIONS,
AND MEDIATIONS WHILE ON ZOOM AND OTHER VIRTUAL PLATFORMS

Tim Elder, Second Vice President, NABL, Freemont, CA

4:20 PM     NABL BUSINESS MEETING

4:30 PM     NABL VIRTUAL RECEPTION AND SOCIAL HOUR

Even though we can't be together in person, let's gather virtually and share
some fellowship.  Sorry no bar or hors d'oeuvres will be provided by NABL
this year, but you can bring your own.