[blindLaw] Introducing myself

Jonathan Franks jfranks at nfbtx.org
Sat Jul 18 01:50:46 UTC 2020

Greetings everyone,
My name is Jonathan Franks and I wanted to take the time to introduce
myself. I am an ambitioning Disability Rights Advocate endeavoring to
obtain a profession in the field. I have earned both a Master’s and
Bachelor’s Degree in Social work. For my Master’s Degree program, I
interned with Disability Rights Texas (the designated Protection and
Advocacy agency for the state of Texas) where I currently serve as a
pro-bono volunteer. My involvement with DRTX included working with the
Employment, Voting and Accessibility, Protection and advocacy for
Beneficiaries of Social Security, the Help America Vote Act and the
Client assistance Program teams. I also serve as the Chairman of the
Mayor’s Committee for People with Disabilities for the City of Austin,
Texas and have also been a member of the Disability Advocacy Student
Coalition at The University of Texas at Austin. I have been to 5
Washington Seminars and have also advocated to my State legislature
for various endeavors on the behalf of the National Federation of the
Blind of Texas. I have been a member for 10 and a half years and
thoroughly enjoy being heavily involved with the Federation. I joined
this list to learn more about Disability Rights Law, network and find
possible employment opportunities. I look forward to what this list
serve has to offer.

My very best,

Jonathan Franks MSW
Board Member
National Federation of the Blind of Texas

expectations of blind people, because low expectations create
obstacles between blind people  and our dreams. You can live the life
you want; blindness is not what holds you back.