[blindLaw] taking the LSAT

Singh, Nandini NSingh at cov.com
Tue Jun 16 18:05:01 UTC 2020

Taking the exam more than once is often, though not always, a function of crippling anxiety after the first administration. Many people, including sighted law school classmates, believed that their performance was concerning enough to warrant immediately canceling the score and taking the exam again. There is no right answer. It can be instructive, especially if you are wrestling with different accommodation combos, but it can also be a big waste of time and money.

As for improving your test score, you may consider more robust prep. Power Score makes a series of books that proved invaluable to me. There was a book for each main portion of the exam: reading comp, analytical reasoning, and logic games. I believe someone on the list mentioned that they are available on Bookshare. I used a human reader and did my studying the old fashioned way through completion of Power Score and numerous previous exams that had been released to the public. I shall say for logic games, in particular, I used a Braille Note whereby I could manipulate the variables and values dynamically. I also understand that Excel could be used, and it should be possible to receive it as an accommodation.