[blindLaw] Preparing for Law School

philosopher25 at gmail.com philosopher25 at gmail.com
Sun May 17 13:51:17 UTC 2020

I suggest bookmarking the online versions of federal rules of civil
procedure and other such rule books such as criminal law and professional
rules of conduct. Start familiarizing yourself with ways to cross reference
rules against rules within the same text. Blue booking and legal research
also have some challenges that you'll want to discuss with other blind
people familiar with them. You'll want to have a system that you can answer
questions in class. At some later date a system to do oral arguments. I
found a good study group was helpful, but not everyone does. Lastly,
outlining is something of a challenge you'll want to work out asap. Have
handy a few phone numbers of blind people with experience with law school
and the study tools you use, like braille or speech.

Best,
Bruce