[blindLaw] Preparing for Law School

Singh, Nandini NSingh at cov.com
Wed May 20 17:54:30 UTC 2020

Not necessarily. It is very individual, and people may work differently over time. One reason I slimmed down my technical footprint was my living in a dorm with limited space. To the extent  you can, try to use less paper for the sake of the environment. I am not sure how many forests we have demolished in printing out binders at my firm! But if you learn better with embossed Braille, use it. Just consider a Braille display later. I also agree on the general point about Braille displays vs note takers. I still love my Apex, but I use it more as a display now. In school, I used it to take notes and write the first draft of papers. I finished the final draft using Word on a PC. And since Humanware will stop supporting the Apex, and I have not been too impressed with the latest note taker options, I am going to have to purchase a Braille display soon. I have to get over the sticker shock, which has been a mental block more persistent than I anticipated.