[blindLaw] Offer of Braille Critical Pass Flashcards for Law School/the Bar Exam (Sending again).

Seif-Eldeen Saqallah seifs at umich.edu
Wed Apr 7 12:45:19 UTC 2021

Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2021 07:01:32 -0400

Good day all,

I graduated law school (Thank God) and possibly have braille bar
flashcards to offer For braille law school readers/bar studiers.
Note that this is an offer and subject to my ability of fulfilling it.
I offer tentatively in the hopes that some might find it useful, if it
works on my end too.

these are from Critical Pass (now the older 2019 edition). Generally,
they are updated each year, but the material really does not change
much. CP prices them around $250.
There are other, perhaps better, resources to help study for the bar,
but these are already brailed for those who find it beneficial.

Dear friends graciously formatted and then brailed the flashcards for me;
because it is not an institutional product, I offer the braille as is,
on large braille paper,
not double-sided (sometimes a second page only has a couple lines of text),
in UEB,
and contained in 7 or so large binders.

I could try to ship these to you, conditioned on if I can work with
the post office to do so.

As samples, attached are:
(1) a jpg of one of the flashcards (chosen for formatting, other cards
have more difficult content);
(2) a txt conversion of that; and
(3) docx and pdf copies of how that card was written and formatted to
make it more braille-friendly.

Information about Critical Pass is below.
Please feel free to contact me, probably off-list, at seifs at umich.edu
or 248-325-7091, if these are beneficial to you.

Critical Pass
https://criticalpass.com/

MBE FLASHCARDS
Pass the bar exam with the help of Critical Pass. Our cards break down
all concepts you need to know to master the MBE. Color-coded,
cross-referenced, and organized by subject and sub-topic, Critical
Pass helps you learn and memorize for the bar exam.

BAR ESSAY FLASHCARDS
MEE Essay Flashcards help you learn and memorize all key concepts
you'll need to know to master bar exam essays.

(Also available on amazon; should come with a mobile app with all the
flashcards too.)

For our MBE Flashcard set, there are 375 substantive cards in total,
with the following breakdown:
Torts - 44
Criminal Law & Procedure - 70
Evidence - 42
Property - 65
Contracts - 41
Constitutional Law - 50
Civil Procedure - 62

In addition to these counts, each subject has an index card and five
blank cards for your use.

 Study smarter for the bar exam with Critical Pass. MEE Flashcards
help you learn, understand, and memorize black letter law required to
master essays on the bar exam.

Q: Can I use these in a non-UBE state?
A: Definitely. While the cards are geared towards the MEE and based on
MEE Subject Matter Outlines, the law is generally applicable to almost
all states. Moreover, each card comes with blank space for you to add
state-specific distinctions.

Q: What subjects are covered?