[blindLaw] law school tutor

Julie McGinnity kaybaycar at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 05:05:26 UTC 2021

Good evening,

O yes, your feelings are totally valid. I'm also a 1L, and let me tell
you, I am constantly swamped and either one step behind or getting
close to one step behind. Zoom school doesn't help matters.

Feel free to send me a message off list. Not sure which classes you're
taking, but I'd be happy to chat about material as well. I just can't
promise I'll know all the right answers as I am still learning myself.

We have dean's fellows, like TAs, for some of our classes, and they
have office hours. Definitely recommend going to them if that is an
option for you. They can explain the material and sympathize with your
struggles.

Also, if you are connected with your classmates, you can always reach
out and start a study group. I have a close friend I study with, and
it's been great. Sometimes it helps just to talk through the cases
before you have to write about them on exams.

Hang in there. This year can't last forever, I don't think?

Julie

On 2/9/21, Sanho Steele-Louchart via BlindLaw <blindlaw at nfbnet.org> wrote:
> For anyone interested, I have a searchable copy of the rules of civil
> procedure, professional conduct, etc. You can just type in whatever part or
> subpart you're looking for and it'll jump you right there. I maintain the
> same list in an excel spreadsheet for the rules of professional conduct for
> those of you who like things organized laterally rather than vertically.
>
> Warmth,
> Sanho
>
>> On Feb 9, 2021, at 8:16 AM, philosopher25--- via BlindLaw
>> <blindlaw at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hello, while your feelings are normal and valid, as somebody who did not
>> learn braille, I can tell you studying in  law school can be very
>> challenging, But it is doable. Like the others, I am available to chat. My
>> email address is brucefsexton at gmail.com
>>
>> Most important advice is to find the rules of civil procedure online,
>> rather than trying to use electronic text. BruceSexton, JD
>>
>> Dictated on an accessible device.
>>
>>> On Feb 9, 2021, at 8:44 AM, Tai Tomasi via BlindLaw <blindlaw at nfbnet.org>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Good morning. I want to reiterate that your feelings are completely
>>> valid
>>> and normal. I am glad you are taking proactive steps to ensure you are on
>>> track. I finished law school at the end of 2014 and passed the bar exam
>>> in
>>> 2015. I am happy to help and can be contacted off list at

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blindlaw_nfbnet.org/tai.tomasi8%40gmail.co

--
Julie A. McGinnity
MM Vocal Performance, 2015; American University Washington College of