[blindLaw] Screen-readers and Dell Machines

Lauren Bishop laurenbishop96 at icloud.com
Wed Jun 30 13:28:22 UTC 2021

Hello all,

I have been following this thread for a while. I also have a Dell machine, and I have definitely had apps crash while I am using them and I have also seen an out of memory error box pop up   Now that I know others are experiencing this problem, I have done a little digging. I read on a form for NVDA users that this memory leak is caused by dels real tech audio drivers. Essentially, Dell  has tweaked the drivers in such a way that it causes a memory leak when NVDA or jaws are running. Given that Dell is a popular brand of computers, it might be wise for the NFB to reach out to Dell  regarding this issue.
Lauren

Sent from my iPhone