[blindLaw] FW: [DRBA] Disability Rights California is hiring an experience litigator!

Scott C. LaBarre slabarre at labarrelaw.com
Mon Mar 22 23:28:08 UTC 2021

FYI

From: Disability Rights Bar Association <DRBA at LISTSERV.SYR.EDU> On Behalf Of Melinda Bird
Sent: Monday, March 22, 2021 5:07 PM
To: DRBA at LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
Subject: [DRBA] Disability Rights California is hiring an experience litigator!

Hello list mates:

Last week, DRC posted about our open housing position. Here is a second opening as well:

Disability Rights California (DRC) is seeking a creative, bold, and experienced litigator for a position with our Mental Health Practice Group. This team recently brought a successful COVID-19 lawsuit for people in the state psychiatric hospitals and has an important case in Alameda County challenging the revolving door between locked facilities and the street and highlighting the disproportionate impact on Black residents. The team also handles all our ADA/504 advocacy in county jails, including several successful ADA/504 jail cases and more that we are working up.

Feel free to contact Jennifer Stark, the Managing Attorney of the Mental Health Practice Group, with any questions.  She can be reached at  <mailto:jennifer.stark at disabilityrightsca.org> jennifer.stark at disabilityrightsca.org.

The job posting is attached. The salary range for a Litigation Counsel at DRC is $107,757 - $157,814, and for a Senior Attorney, $85,716 – $124,722.  We base salary and position offers on experience and an internal equity analysis. To view the detailed job descriptions and complete the application process visit:

Senior Attorney:  <https://jobs.lever.co/disabilityrightsca/e62d45cc-4281-4dec-8f6a-7135558776da?lever-origin=applied&lever-source%5B%5D=Internal%20Flyer> https://jobs.lever.co/disabilityrightsca/e62d45cc-4281-4dec-8f6a-7135558776da?lever-origin=applied&lever-source%5B%5D=Internal%20Flyer

Litigation Counsel:  <https://jobs.lever.co/disabilityrightsca/a4ff6273-182f-4089-89dc-c545621680e6?lever-origin=applied&lever-source%5B%5D=Internal%20Flyer> https://jobs.lever.co/disabilityrightsca/a4ff6273-182f-4089-89dc-c545621680e6?lever-origin=applied&lever-source%5B%5D=Internal%20Flyer

Thank you for your help! (and apologies if anyone is getting this twice. I tried to post last week but did not see it come through. So trying again.)

Melinda Bird, Senior Litigation Counsel (she/her)

Disability Rights California

California's protection and advocacy system

350 S. Bixel Street, Ste 290

Los Angeles CA 90017

D:  213-213-8105 TTY: 800-719-5798

Melinda.Bird at disabilityrightsca.org <mailto:Melinda.Bird at disabilityrightsca.org>

Intake Line:  (800) 776-5746

Website: www.disabilityrightsca.org <http://www.disabilityrightsca.org/>  | www.disabilityrightsca.org/espanol <http://www.disabilityrightsca.org/espanol>

The information in this transmittal (including attachments, if any) is privileged and confidential and is intended only for the recipient(s) listed above. Any review, use, disclosure, distribution or copying of this transmittal is prohibited except by or on behalf of the intended recipient. If you have received this transmittal in error, please notify me immediately by reply email and destroy all copies of the transmittal. Any inadvertent disclosure does not waive the attorney-client privilege.

The information in this transmittal (including attachments, if any) is privileged and confidential and is intended only for the recipient(s) listed above. Any review, use, disclosure, distribution or copying of this transmittal is prohibited except by or on behalf of the intended recipient. If you have received this transmittal in error, please notify me immediately by reply email and destroy all copies of the transmittal. Any inadvertent disclosure does not waive the attorney-client privilege. Thank you

REMINDER: The DRBA listserv is intended to facilitate open discussion and sharing of ideas. Members need to feel confident that their discussions will not be distributed beyond the group unnecessarily. PLEASE CONSULT WITH THE SENDER(S) BEFORE FORWARDING ANY LISTSERV DISCUSSIONS BEYOND THE DRBA GROUP.
DONATE: The DRBA is a valuable free resource to its members. But the DRBA does have expenses for management, web and listserv services. PLEASE DONATE TODAY. Send a check payable to “Burton Blatt Institute” to: Burton Blatt Institute at Syracuse University c/o Joseph Smith 950 Irving Avenue Dineen Hall, Suite 446Syracuse, New York 13244-2130 And indicate “DRBA” on the memo line.
BRIEF BANK: Are you sharing briefs, interrogatories, decisions or other non-confidential resources on this listserv? ARCHIVE them for all present and future members by logging in to the DRBA website, going to the MEMBERS AREA and selecting ONLINE DOCUMENT DATABASE for further instructions. Contact DRBA-Law at law.syr.edu <mailto:DRBA-Law at law.syr.edu>  for login credentials and related help.

 <http://disabilityrights-law.org/>  <https://www.facebook.com/DRBALaw>  <https://twitter.com/DRBALaw>