[blindLaw] Accessibility of Ringtail and iManage

Singh, Nandini NSingh at cov.com
Tue Mar 23 14:41:53 UTC 2021

Hi Abbey,

My firm has iManage desk cite with a random component integrated into Outlook. I am not sure if it is HTML-based. It is challenging to use, and I avoid it for most tasks. I am okay opening Word documents/links, reviewing the same, revising the same, and saving the same. The rest of the UI has led to an unpleasant experience using JAWS. My work arounds include liberally using paralegals, insisting on using local copies with team mates, and being organized with my own local drive.

I have not spent the time to get acquainted with Ringtail. Most matter teams usually opt for Relativity, so I do not think I can be too helpful. Ringtail is not great from what I have seen though. Work arounds include liberally using litigation support and paralegals, printing review sets to PDF, and keeping track of things with several careful emails with litigation support and the review team. It can be done. I am overseeing a document collection, review, and production right now in fact. I also understand that you can use Excel to do coding, which is clunky but again feasible. I doubt redactions would be possible, but I have not tried it on Ringtail. I had limited to no success with redactions on Relativity or Adobe.

Thanks,
Nikki