[blindLaw] preparing for oral argument

Singh, Nandini NSingh at cov.com
Mon Sep 27 18:55:36 UTC 2021

You may already know this, but my understanding is that John Roberts, when he was a practicing attorney, attended arguments with a small stack of unbound index cards, with one or two points per card. The lack of a binding allowed him to reorder his points depending on the course of questioning from the judges. I do not deliver oral arguments and use more traditional talking points in my practice. However, for more argument-like settings, I found the index card method useful; I just keep the Brailled cards together with a binder ring, which can still let me flip to whatever is most relevant at the moment.