[blindLaw] Clarification on UPL

Thomas Dukeman ThomasDukeman at outlook.com
Tue Aug 2 14:07:06 UTC 2022

Hello fellow legal beagles!

I was learning about UPL (Unauthorizes Practice of Law) and my textbook when I got an interesting thought into my head. I listen to the news and from time to time they have on guests to speculate about how a specific court ruling might impact people and usually they explain how people might try to work around that. My question, is that sort of legal commentary be considered giving legal advice or is it considered one of those grey areas that it may or may not be?

Thanks for your input,
Tom