[blindLaw] accessible solution for splitting large pdfs

Rahul Bajaj rahul.bajaj1038 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 04:54:05 UTC 2022

Hi all,

As a practicing attorney, I often have to deal with very bulky files [300+
pages] in my work. JAWS tends to freeze when such a large file is opened in
Adobe. One workaround that I have found is to split the file, such that I
can extract the relevant pages from the bulky file and read them as a
separate PDF. DOes anyone know of any good, preferably free, solutions that
do this?

I'd basically just have to key in the page numbers that I would want to
made into a spearate PDF.

Warmly,
Rahul

Rahul Bajaj
Attorney, Ira Law
Senior Associate Fellow, Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy
Rhodes Scholar (India and Linacre 2018), University of Oxford
Co-Founder, Mission Accessibility
Special Correspondent on the rights of persons with disabilities, Oxford
Human Rights Hub
Coordinator of the working group on accessibility, e-Committee, Supreme
Court of India