[blindLaw] Attorney job seeking websites

Singh, Nandini NSingh at cov.com
Fri Dec 9 20:48:19 UTC 2022

Hi Sarah,

What phase are you in? The answer changes a bit if you are a law student/judicial clerk versus a working attorney.

When I was still in law school, I used the NALP directory to get contact information for law firms. I did not apply through NALP, because the website did not (and probably still does not) have any kind of application processing function.

I believe OSCAR is used for locating a federal clerkship post, but I have never used it to apply for anything. However, I did use it to download applications when I was clerking and sifting applications for the judge, and though a bit tedious, it was okay.

The few times I used Indeed, it worked well. I also found LinkedIn okay, too. You can also go directly to the "careers" or "jobs" page of a company, public interest firm, or certain government agencies to review any openings and apply.

I think someone else mentioned US Jobs for federal government posts. That is pretty good and reasonably accessible. I will add that sometimes you can find other openings on the agency website where the application process is even more straight forward, i.e. sending an email with supporting attachments.

Finally, do not forget about good old fashioned cold applications to the office of attorney/legal recruitment. It is still possible to get a job this way.

Regards,
Nikki